Saturday, December 15, 2012

Wizard101 Story Chapter One - Part One


Hello fellow wizards and pirates!

So more than a year ago I made a small (well not really small… it was rather long actually) post that contained a new story I was writing. I never posted more of the story afterwards because of timing issues and I never got around to it. I have a relatively light homework load this weekend and I was able to revise the next few chapters that I wrote in the story. Over the next few days I’ll slowly be posting the chapters in parts. So if you get bored often and like to read stories for fun (or just like to read stories for fun) then you have come to the right place! I’m just calling it Wizard101 Story right now for lack of a better title.
 
Leave a comment if you like the story or if you have some constructive criticism for me. It would be greatly appreciated. :)  

Happy holidays and enjoy!

 
Chapter 1 (part one) - Sophia

I looked around the attic nervously. “Maria, are you sure?” I said, I noticed my voice was shaky and I tried to sound braver, “W-we shouldn’t b-be up here.” so much for sounding brave.

I was talking to my twin sister, Maria, she looked the same as me except for our hair, and hers was black while mine was blond, but other than that we looked the same. Our personalities were a whole different story. Maria was bold and brave, she didn’t care what other people thought and she always did stuff she wasn’t supposed to do… and she never got caught. I was not like my sister, the opposite really, I was shy and I was always wondering what people thought, and I never did anything I wasn’t supposed to do.

Maria rolled her eyes, “I’m sure Aunt Vanessa doesn’t mind, she said we could look around a little.”

“Yeah, but I just think she meant the bedrooms we’re going to be staying in.”

Our parents were going on a vacation for the month and they left us with our loving aunt. Aunt Vanessa was cool, seriously cool. She let us stay up late, let us eat almost whatever we wanted and she always told us some made up stories about a magical place called The Spiral where talking dogs, salamanders, cows, bears, and many more creatures lived. There were also wizards, aunt Vanessa claimed that she once was a wizard but we all knew she was just kidding around. She talked about going around the spiral with all her friends working together to defeat the most evil person of all, Malistaire. When she had finally told us she and her friends had defeated him we had jumped up for joy and started running around screaming in excitement, Aunt Vanessa had gotten a kick out of that one.

But that had been years ago when we had been about six or seven years old, now we were 13 and we still liked staying up late listening to her stories but we stayed just a bit calmer whenever something exciting happened.

But either way, I thought it was just a little rude to be snooping around in Aunt Vanessa’s attic without her knowing.

“We w-won’t touch anything t-though, right?” I asked nervously.

Maria rolled her eyes again and sighed, “No miss perfect! I will not touch any of this really dusty junk.” Maria was using her high pitched little girl voice which basically meant she was going to do whatever she wanted, which is what she did already so it didn’t really make a difference. I sighed in defeat. Maria was dead on about the attic being dusty though. I knew Aunt Vanessa hadn’t lived in this house long but judging by the amount of dust I could tell she didn’t come up to her atic very often.

There was mostly moving boxes and that was about it. The only light we had though was coming from the door that was in the floor of the attic where there had been a ladder that had unfolded and we climbed up from the hallway.

              “Hey, I found something,” Maria said and I rushed over to my sister but then she made a noise. “Ugh, it’s just a flashlight, well, at least we can see now.” My sister turned the flashlight on… and it shined right in my eyes.

No comments: